What to Expect on the Path to Owning YOUR NEW HOME!
Your Purchase Agreement will go to Seller for acceptance.
Within Next 5 Days
Your Purchase Agreement goes to Escrow (a neutral 3rd party)
- Escrow will provide information on escrow process
- Escrow will send you acknowledgment on your escrow opening
This Week: Contact Lender
Having already prequalified for your home purchase, contact your Loan Officer to make sure you have completed all lender requirements
- It is critical to keep in touch with your lender, in a timely manner
- Employment changes and credit changes will affect your loan approval.
- Please contact your lender before doing any of the following:
Major purchases, such as automobiles, vacations, furniture, appliances, etc.
- Major life and financial changes, such as changing jobs, leaving town, paying bills late, opening/closing new credit card accounts including credit inquiries, and moving big amounts of money between accounts
- Prior to locking your interest rate, check with your Sales Specialist, regarding your current estimated closing date
- Please explore your risk and benefits related to a loan lock with your lender
* Days Prior to COE
Your Sales Specialist, Escrow and Lender will monitor and update “To-Do’s”
Final Loan Approval: * Days Prior To COE
Unconditional loan approval from your lender is due. Reminder to notify your phone and utility companies of your start date ar your new home. Don’t forget to also notify them as well as it relates to your current home and status. Please understand any number of things can create a delay in the closing of your home and dates can shift and “Days” will vary based on your individual new home purchase.
Sign Loan Documents: * Days Prior to COE
Your lender will provide your loan documents to Escrow. Escrow will schedule your signing appointment and will also provide instructions for the wiring of money for closing funds. Allow approx. 2 hours to complete.
Funding of Loan
Upon completion of the signing of all loan documents, Escrow will update any outstanding closing conditions, prior to lender funding the loan. Lender funds the loan.
Day of Recording & Close of Escrow
After funding, Title will “record” your loan documents and your Grant Deed, thereby closing your Escrow
Once confirmation of closing has been received from Escrow, Sales Specialist, will schedule to meet you to give you the keys to YOUR NEW HOME!
*Please understand any number of things can create a delay in the closing of your home and dates can shift and
* “Days” will vary based on your individual new home purchase, lender and estimated closing date.